Advanced Disposal Careers
People Services Advisor
The People Services Advisor (PSA) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated district business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful PSA acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates human capital related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our People Services department and business management, the PSA seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the People Services function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position will include district level people services responsibilities. The PSA maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with district operations management, providing human capital guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Services group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to district management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance, counsel and compliance regarding employment offer terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists employees with relocation assignments and related People Services matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Practice.
- Ethnic & Cultural Awareness.
- Human Capital Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Focus on quality work and job performance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources, benefit offerings, and employment law.
- Ability to engage in strategic decision-making and proactively assess effect on business.
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to motivate and drive performance within business/department.
- Must be highly proficient working with database and processing software, including but not limited to, HRIS system, Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Must have highly proficient in investigations, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have grammatically accurate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully complete and maintain licensing and certification schools/classes, where required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the business.
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred, Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience resolving complex employee relations issues. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws, with a strong background in employment and selection, training, organization development, compensation, employee relations and employment law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
HCRI PHR / SPHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment. Possession of a valid driver's license and a good driving record as defined by Advanced Disposal.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook Company system applications; ADP Ev5 and ADP Recruiting Management Standard office software such as Explorer, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Other software as applicable
This job operates in an operational office environment. This role requires a minimum work week of forty (40) hours, Monday through Friday, and may require overtime in excess of forty (40) hours. Travel will be required to multiple sites including but not limited to district operations sites, transfer stations and/or landfills up to 50% per month.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management. Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is also frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands or arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.