Advanced Disposal Careers
General Manager, Landfill
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always
The General Manager, Landfill(s) is responsible for maximizing earnings of assigned landfills through safe and cost effective operations in compliance with pertinent federal, state, and local regulations. The role requires a self motivated individual with the ability to lead employees as well as facilitates improvement action plans with superiors, peers and those in subordinate capacities in order to realize perpetual success.
The position requires an individual dedicated to developing positive morale, maintaining site and equipment cleanliness to safety and environmental standards, developing a culture of teamwork with all employees, and maintaining positive community relations. The role is diverse in that in addition to technical aspects, the role requires knowledge and active participation in multiple functions of business including but not limited to accounting, sales & market development, operations, and maintenance. The role also requires coordination of both internal and external resources to successfully obtain objectives within dead-lines.
The successful GMLF is an individual that is viewed as an internal landfill expert that field level management call upon and value their expertise, willingness to lead, and decisiveness in action.
GMLF has direct reporting to DM in cooperation with the Region Landfill Manager and VP Of Landfill Operations. Role requires manager to provide directive to local landfill management, supervisors, and employees in cooperation with District and Region Management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Financial forecasting, purchasing processing, planning and tracking for all landfill operations.
- Long term site planning and management in cooperation with Region compliance and gas management group.
- Coordination and representation with local and State regulatory agencies.
- Monitor all site activities to ensure optimal performance of company assets in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
- Oversight of standardized preventive maintenance program in cooperation with Region Maintenance Manager for landfill assets; facilitation and support to ensure cost effective repair and maintenance expenditures within budgeted or benchmarked expectations.
- Implementation of site specific best practices for landfills in order to balance short and long term financial objectives while ensuring safety and environmental regulations are met.
- Initiates company programs and employee training required for loss control and prevention, environmental requirements, and addressing site specific safety and environmental issues in order to meet claims rate, severity, and environmental compliance improvement objectives.
- Expects and inspects employee adherence with safe operating standards and environmental regulations through implementation of (including but not limited to) the company's snap-shot inspection program; operator and facility inspection processes; and aesthetics / house-keeping to prevent environmental violations.
- Continuously interacts and inspects landfill site(s) with local field management and personnel to prevent or resolve operational issues.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and establishes obtainable internal operational goals that fully support the Company's commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Recruits, develops, and trains management and supervisors required to conduct operations at company locations, including planning for interim oversight capacity during periods of vacancy for key roles.
- Coordinates and maintains positive relations with local host communities and neighbors.
- College Degree preferred OR High School Diploma and extensive (>10 years) experience in landfill oversight
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skill proficiency with MS Office and TRUX
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Utilization of standard office equipment
- Lifting 50lbs +/-
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including cold / hot weather, dust
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.