Advanced Disposal Careers
Advanced Disposal seeks an intern to assist the Marketing and Public Relations department in day-to-day activities. The internship will provide the intern with valuable, real-world experience. The internship is an unpaid position and is offered for course credit. To learn more about Advanced Disposal, please visit www.AdvancedDisposal.com.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Draft public relations materials
- Develop and update media lists and other databases
- Assist with event planning and special projects
- Assist with social media monitoring and program development
- Research industry issues and other topics
- Participate in off-site marketing and public relations events such as community clean-ups, company sponsorships, etc.
- Update company website and perform monthly content reviews to account for growth, changes and accuracy
- Assist with content development and editing of company newsletter
- Maintain news clipping file and monthly press recaps
- Maintain and update contract database and corresponding hard copy contract books
- Assist with administrative duties including processing, mailings and other administration functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Organized, motivated, multi-tasking, team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Education: Junior or Senior in good standing at a university majoring in public relations, marketing, advertising, communications or business
Years of Experience: N/A
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Company information system applications including Trux
- Usual office environment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status