Advanced Disposal Careers
Responsible for assisting with all duties of the risk management process, including self-insurance administration, insurance procurement, financial assurance, data analysis, and contractual risk transfer. Effectively responds to internal and external customer inquiries; liaises with risk management vendors to provide necessary information related to exposures and claims frequency and severity; and, monitoring activities of vendors who support risk management operations, as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing the insurance and self-insurance programs.
- Support the VP, Risk Management with the Enterrpise Risk Management program.
- Maintain integrity in contractual risk transfer by reviewing agreements for all new vendors and ensuring evidence of required insurance coverage is obtained.
- Conduct invoice audits and process all vendor charges.
- Responsible for analyzing claims data and ensuring integrity in reports provided to internal customers and senior management.
- Responsible for the appropriate documentation of all exposure data and timely distribution to internal customers, actuarial vendors, and insurance carriers.
- Oversee financial assurance program to ensure surety bonds and letters of credit are issued, renewed, or cancelled as required.
- Initiate and conduct follow-ups as necessary via proficient use of the risk management information system to ensure integrity in all work product.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Focus on quality work and job performance.
- Comprehensive knowledgeable of commercial property and casualty coverages.
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be highly proficient working with database and processing software, including but not limited to, Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Must have highly proficient mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have grammatically accurate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully complete licensing and certification schools/classes, where required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred
Years of Experience: 3 years of experience in commercial insurance or risk management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role requires a minimum work week of forty (40) hours, Monday through Friday, and may require overtime in excess of forty (40) hours. Occasional travel (less than 15%) required.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Multiple software applications
- MS Office Suite
- Pen and paper
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the day while seated at a workstation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is also frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands or arms.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status