Advanced Disposal Careers
Application Systems Administrator
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Application Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting critical business applications to ensure quality performance and alignment with business goals. You will perform installations, configuration, administration, patching/upgrades and tuning of software applications. You will interact daily with internal employees, vendor relationships along with leadership staff to insure their needs are being met and issues are resolved. Having a working knowledge of server and desktop functions along with experience in supporting multi-tier applications is critical to day-to-day operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide day to day support of multiple PeopleSoft environments as part of the Applications team
- Perform installation, configuration, administration, patching/upgrades and tuning of PeopleSoft applications.
- Required skills include:
- Experience in PeopleSoft Administration including implementation and upgrade projects
- Experience with at least Financials 9.1 but Financials 9.2 preferred and PeopleTools 8.56
- Working with PUM installations and PI updates
- Strong technical knowledge of software applications include:
- Configure/Set up Integration Broker, Web Services and REN servers
- Oracle DPK's experience a plus
- PeopleTools like App Designer and Data Mover knowledge to assist with migrating projects
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases
- Quest STAT administration
- Vertex tax software experience with connectivity to PeopleSoft
- Canon imaging and invoicing software
- Maintain and support application environments by identifying system requirements
- Other applications to maintain include:
- Route IIT
- The above applications are industry specific.
- Monitor system performance
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application-related issues along with staying on top of product versioning
- Provide second and third level technical support for all corporate systems and software components
- Collaborate with hardware, OS, DBA technical teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot applications
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services. Ensure systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Tests, debugs, implements, and provide thorough documentation of programs. Assists in modification of company products and/or customer internal systems to meet needs of the business, the client or end user
- Problem management skills for issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Possible knowledge of SOX compliance and Production Change Control processes
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work may be required.
- Additional work hours beyond normal duty hours may be necessary, at times, to complete the weekly workload based upon the discretion of the supervisor.
- On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Works with other team members, including cross-functional teams, business users, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with all aspects of Information Technology including hardware and operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of networks, storage, personal computers and servers
- Professional attitude with ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Possible mobile device engineering and management experience
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a plus
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of production support, implementations, internal audit controls and application maintenance activities that overlap at any given time
- Capability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School and/or College diploma
- 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms