Advanced Disposal Careers
Claims Litigation Specialist
Responsible for the cost effective administration and operation of claims for assigned region. Effectively responds to both internal and external customer inquiries and complaints; and, monitoring activities of vendors who support claim operations, as needed. The Claims Analyst provides claim and loss reporting to, and interacts with, other departments; gathers and analyzes appropriate documentation of processes; and, communicates with respect to the investigation and assessment of liability and damages within established authority.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages claims process for assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the appropriate documentation of all analytical and evaluative processes and communication interfaces with respect to the determination of coverage, the investigation and assessment of liability and damages exposures, settlement within established authority and reinsurance reporting.
- Conduct claim audits of adjusters' work product and monitor accuracy of loss data.
- Responsible for analyzing any claims assigned in accordance with the department's claim handling guidelines.
- Provide appropriate input and direction to loss adjustment resources (independent adjusters, claims adjusters, etc.) and legal resources (defense attorneys, etc.) and provides discovery responses.
- Maintain and document accurate loss data and the basis for reserve changes and recommended reserve changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve internal/external clients, and embrace new challenges.
- In addition to other lines, knowledgeable of liability and worker's compensation claims processes and best practices.
- Must be able to multi-task, be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be proficient working with database and processing software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have highly proficient mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have grammatically accurate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully complete licensing and claims certification schools/classes, where required.
- Works independently with periodic supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: 3+
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role requires a minimum work week of forty (40) hours, Monday through Friday, and may require overtime in excess of forty (40) hours. Occasional travel (less than 15%) required.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Multiple software applications
- MS Office Suite
- Pen and paper
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the day while seated at a workstation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands or arms.