Advanced Disposal Careers
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
The Developer III will be responsible to write, code, test and analyze software throughout the lifecycle of applications within the Advanced Disposal organization. This includes participating in the assessment, design, development, testing and implementation of software to ensure the applications are maintained consistently and in line with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Follow company standards for coding, documentation, source control, code reviews, unit testing, performance testing and other development tasks
- Assist analysts in conceptualizing and developing new programs and applications
- Research, analyze and define enterprise level business solutions of large scope and complexity
- Support utilities, tools and frameworks used in the software development lifecycle
- Provide deliverables based on requirements within agreed upon timelines
- Serve as technical point of contact for business partners and other technology areas
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Database Administrators, System Administrators, Network Administrators and Project Managers to ensure all aspects of applications are effectively deployed, maintained and supported
- Assist with production support when necessary
- Remain current with emerging application development software products, languages, standards, and best practices in support of procurement and development efforts. Engage in continuous process improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Professional attitude with ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Skilled at analyzing and troubleshooting software and business process related issues; understanding how business processes are carried out in systems.
- Proficiency in enterprise-wide implementations, upgrades, patches, and/or extension of existing applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., agile, waterfall)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of production support, implementations, internal audit controls and application maintenance activities that overlap at any given time
- Capability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Working technical knowledge of networks, personal computers, and servers
- Proven expertise and technical knowledge in a minimum of five of any of the following languages/technologies:
- API Development and Architecture (MuleSoft)
- SOAP/REST Web Services
- CI/CD (Github, Jenkins, etc.)
- Mobile/Web Development
- PeopleSoft Financials/PeopleTools
- Microsoft Dynamics (D365)
- Oracle CPQ
- Oracle Database
- SQL Server Database, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Data Analysis/Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Note: Any additional technical expertise not listed above will be taken into consideration and evaluated for relevance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of programming and/or systems analysis experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.