Advanced Disposal Careers
Be a Champion for Your Community! Our people make a difference and leave the world a cleaner and more beautiful place. We thrive on developing our employees to take their careers to new heights and explore opportunities perhaps never imagined. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally sound solutions for waste/recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to support our company mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Sets strategic direction for and reinforce the importance of Safety and Compliance for the assigned territory.
- Assist the Corporate and District Safety teams with managing overall safety and compliance efforts, including development and implementation of goals, strategies, policies, and practices. Holds management accountable for safety performance and provides direction for continuous improvement in Safety and Compliance.
- Works with District Safety Management and Site Management teams to integrate Safety and Compliance programs into facility operations. Promotes personal responsibility through their actions as well as training.
- Develops and supports the execution of processes to reduce injury and lost time rates, and aids site management in proactively managing Worker's Compensation cases.
- Maintains and reviews Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements, while establishing ongoing priorities as means to manage the implementation & effectiveness to Health and Safety management programs. May be called on to represent the company on Health and Safety matters with outside agencies.
- Assist with the Safety Performance Reviews (SPR). Review completed SPRs to identify common issues and work with the operations team to address findings.
- Assist the safety team with creating, launching, and maintaining safety initiatives that support operations.
- Assist and support the District Safety Managers with site-specific initiates for underperforming sites.
- Assist Site Management and District Safety Management with Industrial Hygiene related activities
- Aid the Corporate, Region, and District teams with identifying underperforming sites and support efforts to improve safety performance including training, inspections, and audits.
Supporting the Safety Team
- Onboard, train, and support District Safety Managers and District Safety Trainers in safety and compliance matters.
- Work with the District Safety Team to ensure their activities, travel, and focus align with the needs of their district.
- Ensure that Site Management and Supervisors receive the direction and training they need to maintain or improve safety performance.
- Conduct a monthly Safety MOR with the District Safety Teams to identify success and areas of opportunity.
- Occasionally perform Snapshots/SPR's as a quality control check for the safety department.
- Oversee the incident review process for underperforming sites. Assist Site Management and District Safety Managers with successful incident reviews.
- Oversee the significant incident review process and assist the Site Management & District Safety team identify causal factors and address root cause.
Statistics & Reporting
- Assist with statistical reporting and analysis (weekly, monthly, bi-weekly hours, incidents, NOVs, etc.)
- Report on needs and focus items for underperforming locations and districts.
- Review Site Incident Reviews, OJT, SPR's, and SAR's to help the site identify issues effecting safety performance.
Acquisitions & Start-ups
- Support and assist the operations team with safety aspects of acquisitions and start-ups.
- Provide training and aid the operations team in applying Advanced Disposal safety practices.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the operations team concerning safety and compliance matters.
Education, Skills & Certifications:
5+ years of safety management experience is required
OSHA, FMCSA, DOT Regulation Experience required
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health preferred
Safety Certification(s) in OSHA, MSHA or DOT preferred
Experience with Waste Collections, Landfill, and Material Recovery operations recycling industry preferred
Must have experience with training frontline employees, supervisors, and management in safety and compliance
Experience with safety management across numerous locations desired
Strong organizational and project management skills are mandatory with the ability to deploy and manage programs across a territory.
Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization
Ability to develop, implement, train employees in safe workplace practices
Solid decision-making skills utilizing sound judgment
Strong overall computer skills required, (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative
Must be able to travel as-needed for related initiatives (up to 75% travel)