Advanced Disposal Careers
Corporate FP&A Intern
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
This opportunity will be an internship within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Department at Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. during spring / summer 2019 with flexible start and end dates. Maximum hours per week not to exceed 30, with some flexibility on working hours.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The FP&A intern will be expected to perform professional financial analysis and related work which includes the following job responsibilities:
- Assist with data gathering for various projects
- Assist with report writing and formatting
- Perform data testing and reconciliations
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Gather requirements for analysis by working with key business partners
- other ad-hoc reporting and analysis based on department needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Skills required to complete the job responsibilities outlined above include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts (financial statements, reconciliations, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Experience or training with Microsoft Office -- Excel, Word & PowerPoint