Advanced Disposal Careers
Enterprise Applications Support Manager
Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
The Manager Enterprise Application Support (EAS) is responsible for managing and supporting critical business applications to ensure quality performance and alignment with business goals. You will manage a team that performs installations, configurations, administration, patching/upgrades and tuning of software applications. You will interact daily with internal employees, vendor relationships along with leadership staff to insure their needs are being met and issues are resolved. Having a working knowledge of server and desktop functions along with experience in supporting multi-tier applications is critical to day-to-day operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While this list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive, it may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary and as skills allow.
- Provide EAS Staff with day-to-day management and direction, including internal and external resources
- Secure applicationsby developing policies, procedures, and controls. Ensures data is protected and backed up
- Manage vendor relationship with 3rd party PeopleSoft administration.
- Monitor application efficiency and maintain application performance by troubleshooting problems
- Keep the senior information technology management team informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems
- Upgrade software (as needed) by assessing criticality and production options
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet customer needs
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both senior and operating level business leaders
- Work with IT Compliance Team and Internal Audit to ensure all policies, procedures, security protocols, any Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Professional attitude with ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Superior leadership abilities, including ability to share knowledge, influence decisions and maintain relationships
- Strong analytical skills, including understanding of business, system and operational processes
- Superior interpersonal (specifically communication) skills and ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Strong Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of any of the following products is a plus:
- Fleet Management Sofware
- Logistics and Routing Software
- IBM Cognos
- ERP and other operational software
- Quest STAT administration
- Vertex tax software experience with connectivity to PeopleSoft
- Canon imaging and invoicing software
- Configure/Set up Integration Broker, Web Services and REN servers
- Oracle DPK's experience
- Strong organizational skills; capability to effectively plan, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions during emergency situations
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to think strategically, problem solve and plan accordingly
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of tasks and projects
- Assessments, budgets, and forecasting
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related studies or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of supporting enterprise applications
- Prefer a Minimum of 2 years of experience managing people; Experience in coaching, counseling, assisting employees to develop individual career development and training plans
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Occasional travel may be required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional sitting (working at computer) or standing (providing training, presentations) for long periods