Advanced Disposal Careers
Responsible for coordinating the monthly accounting close and financial reviews for field locations, assist in closing corporate books, SOX compliance, and the field controller training program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborates with the other department mangers/directors to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Accounting, Controller, and other department heads regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met, and confirm there is a backup process in place for all critical responsibilities.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and coach employees on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Assist in month end close and coordination of accounting support with corporate and field locations.
- Assist with updating the Company's accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls, including SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist in the review of reconciliations prepared by the general ledger group.
- Maintenance of corporate books including forecasting and budgeting corporate office.
- Serves as a key contact for the Company's external auditors related to gathering information from the field locations and any accounting related requests.
- Works to continually increase the efficiency and streamline the field related aspects of the monthly close process.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong financial analysis capabilities
- PeopleSoft experience needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and make sound business decisions
- Experience with developing and delivering presentations to executive management
- Proactively develops positive working relationships with business partners
- Strong organization and process management skills
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or similar area of study
Years of Experience: 5 years of previous experience in Accounting with at least three years of experience leading direct reports. Public accounting (preferably "Big Four") or comparable industry experience at a large publically traded company.
Certifications: CPA strongly preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- PeopleSoft, Blackline, and TRUX
- Usual office environment
- May require travel to area businesses, multiple sites including transfer stations and/or landfills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone