Advanced Disposal Careers
IT Field Service Technician
To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
The Field Service Technician's role is to facilitate, implement and repair the vast range of systems in the field for our company. Field Technicians work directly with system specialist to ensure successful deployment and maintenance to computers, network and telephony for the company. The technician will (also) be working with vendors and third parties when deemed necessary to bring excellent support to our customers. Upon hire, the employee must be a representative for the department, show professionalism and attentiveness while out in the field.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy new systems to be implemented within the organization, network and software related technologies.
- Configure and maintain routers, switches, network appliances, and other communication devices
- Responsible for system performance; supports/troubleshoots voice/network issues and coordinates installation of such items as routers and switches
- Ensure customers value your expertise by assisting and training them on the systems they are currently using.
- Provide diagnostics for critical systems within the organization.
- Perform site evaluations that will be reported to the corporate office to help better the support of customers.
- Troubleshoot problems (issues) with Ethernet cabling and analog telephone lines.
- Installation of equipment in (a) clean (and) professional manner.
- Work with a wide range of systems while adapting to the technology changes.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations teams to resolve problems in a timely manner. May communicate with clients to provide quick and accurate problem determination/update.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Candidate will be required to provide after-hours on-call service to support other departments, data center outages, and field sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associates degree or higher in computer related study.
- 5 years of working experience in a support role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft domain environments.
- Knowledgeable about Cisco and Meraki network technologies and telephony.
- Valid Driver's license; have own auto in safe operating condition & current auto liability insurance.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to research and provide alternative solutions that offer more efficient and effective approaches.
- Ability to interact with company personnel on all levels to resolve IT related issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in all currently supported technology standards in use at field locations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
Education: Associates Degree; or four years of related experience and training
Years of Experience: 5+ years' experience in technology support
Certifications: A+, N+ preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Laptop computer
- Windows 7/8/10 Operating system
- Windows 2003/2008/2012
- System Center 2012
- Various other tools and software
This role generally operates in an office environment in which limited exposure to hazardous working conditions exists.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 40-hour work week, with up to 80% area travel.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, network devices and peripherals.