Preventive Maintenance of company waste containers in the field. Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on trash dumpsters. The preventative maintenance may involve welding, installation, assembly, disassembly, and/or structural repair.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Operate maintain the equipment in a manner to prevent equipment down time.
- Perform duties to meet company expectations and customer satisfaction.
- General assistance and knowledge to mechanics when needed
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repair containers
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections of containers.
- Conducts safety checks on containers.
- Completes required paperwork associated with repairing containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment. Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/ OSHA Standards.
- Additional skills may be required to perform add additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Repair steel containers as needed; may include welding, fabricating, sanding, painting, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in welding and metal fabrication.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other related state and federal regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, with customers and external vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and drawings and diagrams, and procedures manuals.
- Effective communications skills with Operations, Sales, and Customers.
Education: High School diploma or GED required
Years of Experience: Two years of maintenance repair and fabrication. Welding, Metal Fabrication, Spray Painting a plus.
Minimum 3 years of driving experience.
- Willing and able to work required overtime, weekends and /or holidays when required.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Mig & Stick Welders
- Plasma Cutter
- Miltimeter Welder.
- Company information systems
- Tools and equipment used in shop including but not limited to floor sweeper, fort lift, hydraulic hose, air powered tools, hand tools.
- Two-way radio.
- In Shop and the Field
- Able to work in confined spaces
- May be exposed to the following conditions:
- Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills.
- Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments.
- Petroleum products and solvents.
- Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems.
- Vibration from powered hand tools.
- Occasional exposed to extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals.
- Other risk associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds maximum, frequent lifting or carrying of objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with pushing and pulling or arm/leg controls.
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling , pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 10 pounds.