To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Lead landfill construction and gas system project and staff supervision for a variety of solid waste management related projects. Properly construct and maintain Gas Collection and Control System (GCCS) in a timely / cost effective manner, to ensure regulatory compliance, and to optimize performance of GCCS operation and maintenance, including preventive maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- General Responsibilities
- Responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and managing the scope of work
- Manage all aspects of scope, schedule, budget, and quality for each of your projects
- Provide orientation, training, direction, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and discipline of your team
- Provide leadership for your team
- Successfully provide for the timely completion of the contacted scope of work
- Communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and assess quality and productivity of your team
- Preventative maintenance
- Coordinates all scheduled wellfield maintenance, unscheduled down time, compliance, other well-field issues and regularly communicates this with the Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager.
- Procures and maintains materials for construction, spare inventory and replacement equipment in an efficient manner by identifying needs in advance, managing vendors, and working within ADS guidelines
- Assists the Regional LFG Manager, and landfill gas technician, as a first priority in emergencies and as allowed by workload for routine or repetitive tasks
- Complete special assignments/tasks as required by Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager
- Installation of Wellfield headers and lateral piping
- Pneumatic and/or electric pump installation where required
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) liner installation and repair
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion
- Blower / flare operations and maintenance
- Condensate management system maintenance
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and comply with all operational requirements of the air permit, which may include, documentation of compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of job related health and safety issues and follow all health and safety related procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of landfill gas instrumentation and wellfield tuning activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of Landfill or Landfill Gas related experience or education
- Environmental monitoring / construction experience or education
- Post high school higher education
- Industrial instrumentation related experience
- Blower and/or flare maintenance experience
Must have valid driver's license and High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion certification
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
- May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type