Properly construct and maintain the Landfill Gas Collection and Control System (GCCS) in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance of GCCS operation and maintenance including
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Preventative maintenance
- Coordinates all scheduled wellfield maintenance, unscheduled down time, compliance, other well-field issues and regularly communicates this with the Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager.
- Procures and maintains materials for construction, spare inventory and replacement equipment in an efficient manner by identifying needs in advance, managing vendors, and working within ADS guidelines
- Assists the Regional LFG Manager, and landfill gas technician, as a first priority in emergencies and as allowed by workload for routine or repetitive tasks
- Complete special assignments/tasks as required by Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager
- Installation of Wellfield headers and lateral piping
- Pneumatic and/or electric pump installation where required
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) liner installation and repair
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion
- Blower / flare operations and maintenance
- Condensate management system maintenance
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and comply with all operational requirements of the air permit, which may include, documentation of compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of job related health and safety issues and follow all health and safety related procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of landfill gas instrumentation and wellfield tuning activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience:
- 2 years of landfill or landfill gas related experience or education
- Environmental monitoring/construction experience or education
- Post high school higher education
- Industrial instrumentation related experience
- Blower and/or flare maintenance experience
Must have valid driver's license and High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion certification
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
- May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
- Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds