To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Maintain and collect, as needed, information regarding aging of A/R. Report responsibilities and process payments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage all accounts over 30 days past due
- Work with Region office to ensure all eligible accounts are reported to outside vendor for collections matrix (D&B)
- Maintain all accounts that are marked "Collections Exempt"
- Make collection calls and send letters when needed
- Update TRUX monthly with any new additions and subtractions for online invoicing
- Research and return updated spreadsheets for shut-offs and write-offs to Region office within deadlines
- Receive phone calls from customers
- Process payments for customers within the Collections matrix
- Make notes to file on any action taken
- Notify A/R of any debits or credits to apply to customer accounts, and verify these changes
- Process customer refunds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce required reports and correspondence
- Computer skills required for inputting and retrieving data reports
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ethics, and the ability to keep information confidential
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Minimum two years' experience as a Collections Clerk or experience with equivalent job duties. More than two years preferred
Certifications: None Required
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Company information system applications including TRUX
- Usual office environment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- Possesses speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status