To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Manage the day to day operations of the landfill company including environmental and regulatory compliance. Ensure efficient service to customers while providing a safe work environment for employees and the public. Enact a management style which promotes ethical and honest behavior by all employees, while emphasizing the influence that the employees have in the company's future.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise daily operations of the landfill. Implement operating procedures and ensure excellence work standards are met
- Oversee department staffing levels, including safety issues/claims, hiring, training and performance management of subordinate employees. Ensure positive morale of employees. Promote staff development.
- Review and approve the payroll of all employees under direct supervision
- Interact with customers and local, state and federal government employees to resolve customer service concerns and ensure regulatory compliance standards are met
- Work with the General Manager and other department managers to ensure the long-term success of the facility
- Implement and maintain an effective loss control and safety program
- Responsible for the adherence to operating standards, the development of goals and objectives, and the management of labor hours and disposal expenses.
- Ensure maximum productivity and establish productivity improvement goals where needed
- Improve Profit and Loss performance
- Maintain an excellent grasp of budgetary and operating metrics and keep within budgetary guidelines
- Execute Strategic Planning - find and exploit new business opportunities
- Effect optimal equipment and personnel utilization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of EPA, state EPA, OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors
- Ability to plan for and execute planned improvements and action items
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related regulations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills
- Ability to develop materials and make presentations
- Approach and complete work in a meticulous, thorough and timely manner
Education: High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's degree in business, operations management or related field is preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years waste industry management experience with a minimum of 2 years landfill operating experience. Significant experience working around construction sites or heavy equipment requiring awareness of health and safety requirements is required.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Company information systems applications such as Trux and Sharepoint
- Primarily usual office setting
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, refuse in trucks and in the landfill
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift and/or move 50-100 pounds
- May climb up onto and down from heavy equipment
- Ability to operate office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper roecrds development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer an related devices such as a keyboard, mouse, or other related equipment throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Veolia. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.