ADS Waste Holdings, Inc.'s Assistant Regional Landfill Gas Manager will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise to landfill operations and management staff related to landfill gas system construction projects including landfill gas to energy projects. Additional responsibilities include oversight and internal reporting of environmental compliance monitoring activities associated with the landfill's regulatory permits and pertinent federal, state, and local regulations related to air and landfill gas. The role requires a self motivated individual with the ability to work with consultants, contractors, regulators, and internal staff.
The position requires an individual with technical knowledge of landfill operations, regulatory permitting, construction practices, environmental management systems, and dedicated to oversight of these systems to the highest environmental standards. The role is diverse in that in addition to technical engineering aspects, the role requires knowledge and active participation in multiple functions of business including but not limited to project planning and budgeting, accounting, contract negotiation, legal and regulatory interaction, general operations, and maintenance. The role also requires coordination of internal and external resources to successfully obtain objectives within dead-lines.
Role reports directly to the Lead Regional LFG Manager and works closely with the Regional Landfill Manager and Regional Environmental Compliance Manager while providing guidance to Facility General Managers, Site Managers, Operation Managers, and Landfill Gas Technicians.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage engineering, construction, permitting, and regulatory compliance associated with landfill gas collection and control systems, and air permitting associated with landfill expansions.
- Technical engineering review with focus on improvements to safety, design, constructability, quality, regulatory compliance, and monetary savings.
- Develop short term and long term planning strategies for landfill gas system designs and operations
- Technical support and participation in discussion with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Continuously interact with site management and personnel to prevent or resolve construction and environmental management system operational issues.
- Implementation of standard best practices for gas collection and control systems
- Participate in strategic capital budgeting, forecasting, work-orders, and tracking for all landfill gas and landfill gas to energy CIP and air permitting activities.
- Technical support and training of landfill gas technicians.
- Complete special assignments/tasks as required by Regional LFG Manager and Regional Landfill Manager
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- College degree in Engineering preferred but not required
- Previous solid waste industry experience preferred but not required
- Progressive experience in the design, installation, diagnostics of landfill gas control systems and landfill construction and operations
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skill proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of EPA, state EPA, OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; construction drawings; governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Approach and complete work in a meticulous, thorough and timely manner
- Utilization of standard office equipment
- Lifting 50lbs +/-
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including cold / hot weather, dust
- May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
- May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.