Advanced Disposal Careers
Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is responsible for ensuring the proper and accurate indexing and processing of AP Invoices and assisting with mailroom duties. The individual needs to be detailed oriented, handle a high volume of transactions with accuracy, and able to multi-task and prioritize as needed to meet changing deadlines. Individuals may be cross-trained in various areas to maximize workforce flexibility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, sort, and prepare a high volume of vendor payments and support for mailing.
- Index invoices received from vendors and field locations accurately and timely.
- Enter data from Accounts Payable invoices into PeopleSoft with minimal errors.
- Work with team and field to ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Receive, sort, research, and process incoming mail.
- Effectively communicate with field locations to set up and process Accounts Payable recurring contract requests.
- Monitor tasks and workflow queues to ensure deadlines are met.
- Clearly communicate with field and management regarding Accounts Payable processes and questions.
- Accountable for meeting performance measures and targets.
- Work with team and Manager to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of the general Accounts Payable process.
- Positive attitude.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience: 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience (PeopleSoft experience a plus)
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Group environment working alongside others
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office requirements such as sitting while working on computer, typing, answering phones, and light lifting.
- Needs to possess proper communication skills in order to work with the team and interact with the field.
- Some travel may be required.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status