Advanced Disposal Careers
Laborer, Transfer Station
To operate equipment in the material recovery facility operations and to assist in the performance of semi-skilled and skilled tasks required for material recovery facility operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform routine maintenance and daily pre and post equipment check list.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining various records regarding assigned work; file associated reports.
- Identify bulky unrecyclable items and remove them.
- Learn how the whole facility works and help when major malfunctions occur.
- Maintain on-site facilities.
- Be able to communicate with drivers dumping in the facility.
- Cleaning machine inside and out, during and after shift. As well as assigned areas.
- Be able to work on the sorting line when needed.
- Complete lock out tag out training pre company policy and procedure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safe work practices and proper use of safety equipment.
- Uses and purposes of general construction tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures in assigned area of facility maintenance and construction.
- Ability to multi task and work in a team orientated environment.
Education: High School diploma or General Equivalent Degree.
Years of Experience: At least a year experience operating heavy equipment.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Machines may include: front-end loaders, forklifts, skid steer.
- Basic hand tools
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
- Falling debris.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
- Pulling, pushing, bending or folding large bulk items
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Working in small and tight spaces
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status