Advanced Disposal Careers
Supervisor, Customer Service
Position entails supervising Customer Care Representatives (CCR) in a high volume call center whose jobs are to answer phone calls, customer requests, customer concerns, billing questions, entering daily work orders, inbound sales, writing service agreements for sales, service changes, cancellations, writing adjustment requests, answering questions regarding other services we provide (Landfill, Compost, Mulch, Recycling). This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Be directly responsible for supervision of employees, scheduling, corrective action and other related issues under the guidance of the Customer Care Manager.
- Work closely with other division supervisors to ensure customer satisfaction, increased efficiency and business results.
- Assist staff with their needs, resolves concerns and difficulties.
- Resolve customer service issues that have been escalated from CSR's.
- Lead and motivates team to meet company-wide service goals.
- Coach CSR's to provide excellent customer service to all customers and to meet company-wide service goals.
- Work effectively with customers, peers, and management.
- Improves customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate business growth.
- Accountable for identifying improvement opportunities and implementing action plans to address any issues within the customer care center.
- Complies with, supports, and enforces Advanced Disposal's policies and procedures.
- Maintains and supports strong, open communications between Customer Care Center, field operations and sales to effectively direct and manage the Customer Care Team.
- Recruits, trains, motivate and develop staff in order to meet the current and future needs of the department and the company. Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Partners with customer care team and IT teams to provide and maintain system and telephony requirements that support the business center.
- Initiates and completes or facilitates process improvement projects as identified by Customer Care Manager or other management.
The above responsibilities are not intended to be all-inclusive. A Customer Care Supervisor may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience must include time spent in a Customer Care Representative role including but not limited to daily heavy call volume and direct communication with customers.
- In-depth experience with telephony systems, reporting systems and analysis/interpretation of results to drive center performance improvements.
- Knowledge of all facets of call center management including date analysis, customer facing transactions and customer retention strategies.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills: excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Excel & Word a must.
- Experience on the TRUX program is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Superior telephone etiquette.
- Proven time management and problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong motivational, coaching and teaching skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED; some college study desired.
- Year of Experience:
- Three to Five years call center or customer service experience.
- Minimum two years experience supervising a team of 10 or more.