Advanced Disposal Careers
The Accounting Assistant position is responsible for preparing information utilized in the month end close process and various Accounting tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assist with month end close.
- Prepare and import journal entries
- Generate and distribute Financial Statements
- Compile monthly stats and upload to Peoplesoft
- Record and Reconcile Cash with Trux billing system
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations utilizing Blackline software
- Compile information for tax returns
- Assist with fixed asset and parts physical inventories
- Various projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Strong organizational skills
Education: Associate's Degree in Finance or Accounting or other relevant discipline
Years of Experience: Two years of relevant experience or combination of education and experience
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Company information systems applications such as TRUX, Peoplesoft, Dossier etc.
- Usual Office Environment.
- Adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasionally walk around the office to printers, copy and fax machines, and the file room.
- Constantly sit while answering telephones and working at the computer.
- Frequently reach forward with one or both hands, up to an arms length, to answer the telephone, to file papers, and to use the computer.
- Power grip the telephone; finger press to operate the computer keyboard, calculator, and telephone keypad, pulp pinch to handle papers.
- Occasionally bend, kneel or stand to file papers.
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact on the telephone and in person.