Advanced Disposal Careers
Container Repair & Delivery-CDL Required.
Delivery and preventive maintenance of company waste containers in the field. Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on trash dumpsters. The preventive maintenance may involve welding, installation, assembly, disassembly, and/or structural repair. Delivery will include operating appropriate company equipment to deliver and make drops of containers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate trucks and equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Operate and maintain the equipment (trucks, tools, etc.) in a manner to prevent equipment down time
- Perform duties to meet company expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain clean and tidy vehicle and work area
- Drive commercial, residential routes, where applicable
- Drive and safely operate company boom truck
- General assistance and knowledge to mechanics when needed
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs containers and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections of containers.
- Conducts safety checks on containers.
- Completes required paperwork associated with repairing containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Performs service calls for container repair.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment. Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Repair steel containers as needed which may include welding, fabricating, sanding, painting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in welding and metal fabrication.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related state and federal regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, with customers and external vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings and diagrams, and procedures manuals.
- Effective communications skills with Operations, Sales, And Customers.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Years of Experience: Two years of maintenance repair and fabrication.
Welding, Metal Fabrication, Spray Painting a plus. Minimum 3 years of driving experience.
Certifications: Valid Driver's License
- Willing and able to work required overtime, weekends and/or holidays when required.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of market area and driver routes
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Mig & Stick Welders
- Plasma Cutter
- Miltimeter Welder.
- Company information systems
- Tools and equipment used in shop including but not limited to floor sweeper, fork lift, hydraulic hose, air powered tools, hand tools.
- Two-way radio.
- In Shop and the Field
- Able to work in confined spaces
- May be exposed to the following conditions:
- Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills.
- Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments.
- Petroleum products and solvents.
- Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems.
- Vibration from powered hand tools.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds maximum, frequent lifting or carrying of objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with pushing and pulling or arm/leg controls.
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status