To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Operate heavy equipment used in a transfer stations
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform pre-operation inspections of equipment, identifying equipment problems and reporting problems to Equipment Management for repairs
- Refuel trucks and add fluids, as needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies, safety and maintenance procedures
- Operate heavy landfill equipment such as scrapers, wheel type or crawler tractors with a dozer blade, landfill blade or bucket attachment, compactors, roll-off refuse trucks, loaders, motor graders and pneumatic tire scrapers
- Compile daily equipment reports consisting of logging the number of loads excavated and the number of hours spent operating equipment
- Control landfill fires by smothering them with landfill dirt, isolating them and/or wetting them down with water
- Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe routes, accidents, equipment breakdowns
- Keep informed of weather conditions
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operation, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Work closely with traffic control spotters to identify fill areas to be used for dumping solid waste
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving & formulation
- Reading and proofreading
- Reasoning and analyzing
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Years of Experience: Two years' operating experience with heavy duty equipment, 6 months as a Landfill Equipment Operator
- Must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by company
- Must possess a minimum of two years' operating experience with heavy duty equipment, 6 months as a Landfill Equipment Operator
- Qualification for "out-of-class" pay as a Landfill Equipment Operator or (2) log 120 hours on equipment being tested for
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
Trucks, scrapers, wheel type or crawler tractors with a dozer blade, landfill blade or bucket attachment, compactors, roll-off refuse trucks, loaders, motor graders and pneumatic tire scrapers, seat belts, vehicle inspection equipment
Exposure to outdoor elements, small cramped space such as equipment cab. Exposure to fumes, dust; uneven ground. Low/high temperatures, Wet and/or high humidity, Sudden temperature changes
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling, reaching while driving, twisting/turning to view while driving. Employees may work at heights greater than 10 feet. Employees may make continuous arm and hand movements to direct traffic at landfill
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status