To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
This position is responsible for assisting with the general ledger, asset management, project costing, and/or accounts payable responsibilities. The individual will need to be very detailed, accuracy is a must, and deadlines will need to be met. They will need to be flexible with the tasks needing to be done on a month-to-month basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assist with general ledger entries to the corporate office and the field locations.
- Researching discrepancies and communicate with various departments to validate accuracy of details prior to month end close.
- Analyze reports to verify the accuracy and validity of financial information and results.
- Responsible for assigned general ledger account reconciliations.
- Review Capital Expenditure requests and assist with capital tracking and analysis.
- Assist with Asset Form submission process when necessary.
- Effectively communicate with peers and management to ensure accurate processing of requests.
- Assist with review and updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide requested support.
- Assist with AP functions such as reviewing and routing invoices in the imaging system and pay cycles, as needed.
- Prioritize tasks to meet changing deadlines based on company needs.
- Assist with additional accounting functions and duties as needed.
- Accountable for meeting performance measures and targets.
- Work with team and manager to make suggestions for process improvements and efficiencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as efficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of the general Accounting, Journal Entry, Capital Expenditure, Asset Management, and Accounts Payable processes.
- Able to research and analyze data with a strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks and changing deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and research skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Years of Experience: 2-5 years of Accounting experience (PeopleSoft experience a plus)
Mobility: Ability to travel on occasion and willingness to relocate if needed in the future(one year or more from hire)
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Group environment working alongside others
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office requirements such as sitting while working on computer, typing, answering phones, and light lifting.
- Needs to possess proper communication skills in order to work with the team and interact with the field.
- Some travel may be required.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status