Work directed by supervisor through instructions or procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance inspections (PMI's)
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Assist in the repair and adjustment of equipment
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdown
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Performs other maintenance related work as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, parts and procedures utilized during repairing and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary when operating or repairing vehicles or equipment
- Skill in operating shop tools and equipment
- Ability to perform minor mechanical repairs on vehicles and equipment
- Ability to complete required paperwork to accurately document repairs, utilization of parts and associated repair times
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment repair, or completion of an accredited technician training program
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Vehicle driver's license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed in a fleet service shop environment. Incumbents are exposed to the elements, noise of machinery and vehicles, fumes, exhaust emissions, grease, engine oils, solvents, chemicals, dust, electrical hazards, mechanical hazards, vehicle hazards and vibrations. Incumbents stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb, reach, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less. Incumbents may work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less. Incumbents must be able to meet the physical requirements of the positions and have mobility, vision, hearing, sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.