Advanced Disposal Careers
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Perform a variety of duties including the washing and cleaning of trucks in support of maintenance operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Organize and implement a truck cleanliness program and see that trucks stick to an organized wash schedule.
* Sweep floor, put parts away, and perform other custodial functions to maintain order and cleanliness in the work area. Assist in keeping building grounds and wash bay clean and organized.
* Serve as a fire watch as mechanics perform safety-sensitive work such as welding.
* Perform minor repairs to the equipment and facility.
* Act as a parts and supply runner from stores in the area to the maintenance shop, and from the maintenance shop to drivers in the field.
* Perform other related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma and/or GED.
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
* Proven ability to be a self-started with work with little supervision required.
* Experience in a maintenance shop or industrial environment preferred, but not required.
* Ability to work safely in adverse conditions: summer heat, freezing conditions, snow, wet, etc.
* Ability to handle heavy parts and pieces of equipment and climb on and off equipment.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.