Advanced Disposal Careers
Municipal Marketing Manager
The Municipal Marketing Manager is responsible for prospecting, selling, managing and participating in all municipal sales activities to achieve growth, retention, and quality of revenue objectives for the assigned district.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with municipal elected officials and staff to position Advanced Disposal as the preferred provider of solid waste and recycling services (collection, transportation & disposal) to cities and counties.
- Develop opportunities to provide bids and/or proposals and prepare informative, responsive, & complete bid/proposal packages for submission to municipalities.
- Sell the advantages of Advanced Disposal's proposal to elected officials, staff, potential customers, and build consensus in support of Advanced Disposal.
- Actively participate in municipal government workshops, committee meetings, ordinance creation/editing, pre-bid/proposal meetings, bid/proposal openings to ensure that Advanced Disposal's interests are properly represented and understood.
- Attend governmental and community meetings each month above and beyond pre-bid and bid opening meetings (examples: monthly council meetings, standing committee meetings/workshops, staff meeting/luncheon/visit, association/club meeting, political fundraiser/event, community project, etc.). This likely will include evening and early morning hours.
- Serve as the company community affairs representative at local and state charity events, fundraisers and the like to ensure participation in the community.
- Further develop and maintain municipal information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Report on a weekly basis sales results, opportunity pipeline and action plans to achieve objectives.
- Proactively research and identify new bid opportunities within and around the existing market area.
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, organized and self-starter.
- Excellent communication, writing, and selling skills.
- Microsoft Office with strength in Word, Power Point, Excel and Dynamics CRM.
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's or Associates degree preferred.
Preferred Qualifications: Waste Services or Environmental Services industry experience, sales or customer relationship experience, governmental sales experience, political lobbying or past experience as an elected government official preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Usual office environment.
- Travel by air and/or car may be required.
- Attendance at municipal meetings during the evening hours.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems.
- Ability to use computer and related devices, such as keyboard, mouse while seated at a desk or workstation.
- Ability to organize office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Possesses speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion.