Advanced Disposal Careers
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Works with the lead driver of route crew, operates satellite collection vehicle and performs collection of refuse and recycling.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Drives pickup truck to collect refuse and recycle on route.
- Read maps, diagrams and route sheet in order to follow a designated daily route.
- Ability to operate controls and collection equipment.
- Complete daily vehicle inspections, fueling and fluid level checks.
- Complete required daily service tickets and reports.
- Report any mechanical programs with equipment.
- Complete daily reports, logs, load/yardage, load ticket receipts, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safe work practices and proper use of safety equipment.
- Uses and purposes of general construction tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures in assigned area of facility maintenance and construction.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to enter and exit truck body through access door for routine cleaning.
Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree.
Years of Experience: Three years of verifiable driving experience.
Certifications: Currently possess or have ability to obtain a valid CDL (including air brake). Must posses a valid driver's license.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Company information systems
- Vehicle diagnostic equipment.
- Tools and equipment used to collection services.
- Two way radio.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck. Frequent lifting, twisting pulling, pushing, or bending may result depending on the material and collection vehicle type.
- Ability to climb, bend, or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status