To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
General Daily Duties: Perform preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance repairs in compliance with DOT and Safety policies.
- Utilize Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR's) to diagnose electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles
- Comfortability with vehicle diagnostic software/systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Complete required paperwork for tracking repairs on vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair OR completion of accredited vocational technical school program
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair
- Working knowledge of fuel, ignition, cooling, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air brake systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing vehicles and equipment
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Vehicle driver's license
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Ability to obtain Air Brake Inspector Certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed in an open automotive shop environment. Incumbents are exposed to the elements, the noise of machinery and vehicles, fumes, exhaust emissions, grease, engine oils, solvents, chemicals, dust, electrical hazards, mechanical hazards, vehicle hazards and vibrations. Incumbents stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, reach, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less. Incumbents may work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces. Incumbents must be able to meet the physical requirements of the positions and have mobility, vision, and hearing, sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.