$1000 Sign On Bonus - (Paid out into three payments after 90 days, 180 days, and 365 days)
Be a Champion for Your Community! Our people make a difference and leave the world a cleaner and more beautiful place. We thrive on developing our employees to take their careers to new heights and explore opportunities perhaps never imagined. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally sound solutions for waste/recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to support our company mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
General Daily Duties: Operate refuse truck to collect refuse and recyclable materials on a designated route and dispose of materials at designated transfer or landfill stations.
- Operate trucks on established routes throughout residential and business areas
- Operate automated or semi-operated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in the truck bodies
- Dismount the truck to collect garbage and remount the truck utilizing three points of contact as needed
- Perform safety checks; pre and post-trip inspections to ensure safe operating conditions and compliance with Company safety and maintenance procedures
- Effectively communicate with dispatchers and leadership team concerning delays, unsafe routes, accidents, and equipment breakdowns
- Refuel truck and add fluids, as needed
- Properly and promptly report defective equipment
- Be aware of weather conditions and surrounding areas on route
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required:
- Valid Class A OR B CDL
- Candidate must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by the Company
- 3 years of prior driving experience required. Previous commercial driving experience preferred.
Equipment/Tools Used: Truck, seat belts, vehicle inspection equipment
Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Reflective vest, gloves, steel-toe boots
- Seasonal exposure to extreme temperatures; outdoor working environment
- May be exposed to solvents, chemicals, and animals while working with refuse
- May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period. In addition, individuals may have to reach above shoulders to lift materials that can weigh 50 pounds or more.