Advanced Disposal Careers
Landfill Gas Supervisor
Supervisor daily operations of a landfill gas infrastructure facility. Ensure efficient service to customers while providing a safe work environment for employees and the public
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Supervise daily operations of the landfill gas system. Implement operating procedures and ensure excellence work standards are met
- Oversee department staffing levels, including safety issues/claims, hiring, training and performance management of subordinate employees. Ensure positive morale of employees
- Interact with local, state and federal government employees to ensure regulatory compliance standards are met
- Ensure maximum productivity and establish productivity improvement goals where needed
- Responsible for the adherence to operating standards, the development of goals and objectives, and labor hours
- Implement and maintain an effective loss control and safety program
- Provide coaching and counseling for staff development. Train employees to interpret and understand productivity
- Work with the General Manager and other department managers to ensure the long-term success of the facility
- Coordinates all scheduled wellfield maintenance, unscheduled down time, compliance, other wellfield issues and regularly communicates this with the Regional LFG Manager.
- Coordinates with site operations with filling plans and gas infrastructure raising and planning
- Procures and maintains spare inventory and replacement equipment in an efficient manner by identifying needs in advance, managing vendors and working with ADS guidelines. Complete special assignments/tasks as required by Regional Landfill Gas Manager and Landfill General Manager.
- Develop basic understanding if landfill gas instrumentation and wellfield tuning.
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and comply with all operational requirements of the air permit to include documentation of compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Promptly responds to call-outs of blower/flare and/or LFGTE plant shutdowns during non-business hours to identify the cause of the shutdown and perform repairs or adjustments to return GCCS to operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 years waste industry and/or operations experience, and 1 year in a leadership or supervisory role.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, telephone, fax machines, copier and calculator
- Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Company information system applications such as Trux
- Landfill Working face around heavy equipment.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to operate trucks and heavy equipment
- Ability to frequently lift of carry containers, pipe or HDPE welding equipment; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending.
- Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. Ini addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard, mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday white seated at a desk or workstation
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status