Advanced Disposal Careers
Landfill Gas System Monitor
Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance of GCCS operation and maintenance including
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Preventative maintenance
- Coordinates all scheduled wellfield maintenance, unscheduled down time, compliance, other well-field issues and regularly communicates this with the Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager.
- Promptly responds to call-outs of blower/flare and/or LFGTE plant shutdowns during non-business hours to identify the cause of the shutdown and perform repairs or adjustments to return the GCCS to operation. Consults with Regional LFG Manager as needed.
- Procures and maintains spare inventory and replacement equipment in an efficient manner by identifying needs in advance, managing vendors, and working within ADS guidelines
- Assists the Regional LFG Manager, and landfill gas technician, as a first priority in emergencies and as allowed by workload for routine or repetitive tasks
- Complete special assignments/tasks as required by Regional LFG Manager and Landfill Manager
- Wellfield monitoring and adjustment
- Liquid level measurement in landfill gas extraction wells
- Pneumatic and/or electric pump maintenance where required
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion
- Blower / flare operations and maintenance
- Condensate management system maintenance
- Monitor landfill gas migration probes where required
- Surface Emissions Monitoring (SEM) where required
- Opacity (visible stack emissions) monitoring where required
- Enter/upload wellfield monitoring and other data into various computer systems
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and comply with all operational requirements of the air permit, which may include, documentation of compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of job related health and safety issues and follow all health and safety related procedures.
- Develop basic understanding of landfill gas instrumentation and wellfield tuning activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: 2 years of Landfill or landfill gas related experience or education, Environmental monitoring experience or education, Post high school higher education, Industrial instrumentation related experience, Blower and/or flare maintenance experience
Certifications: Must have valid driver's license, Opacity or visible stack emissions monitoring certification preferred, High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion certification
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
- May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
- Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.