Advanced Disposal Careers
To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
About Advanced Disposal:
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company.
To direct the activities of drivers and helpers in providing safe, effective and courteous waste
collection service to customers. The Route Supervisor is the first line supervisor responsible
for the productivity of the collection crews.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties
and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Directly responsible for supervision of drivers and helpers, including hiring, scheduling, corrective action and other related issues.
- Plans routes and schedules drivers and helpers to provide the most efficient service to customers. Resolves missed pick-ups or additional pick-ups.
- As the field representative, responds effectively and courteously to customer inquiries, special requests, or complaints. May also interact with city, state or municipal government employees.
- Performs route audits to insure safe and efficient procedures are followed, and to identify possible training needs. Completes employee I-Cares and discusses results with drivers and helpers.
- Develops work schedules to match staffing levels, makes work assignments and monitors progress to improve work process efficiency. May also plan routes to provide the most efficient service to customers while managing labor hours and disposal tons.
- Responds to driver reports of problem pick-ups such as unsafe conditions or potential hazardous material.
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, and Sales concerning changes in customer service. Coordinates with Maintenance/Shop concerning vehicle repairs.
- Responsible for the timely communication, correction, and follow up of customer service related issues.
- Approves time sheets and completed route sheets for pay calculations. Maintains and reviews logs for DOT hours worked and other required records.
- Maintains adherence to Company policy in regards to operations and safety issues.
- May assist in investigation of accidents, injuries or property damage claims.
- May be required to drive route vehicles in order to cover shortages in staff or missed pick-ups.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other regulations related to commercial driving and waste collection.
Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree
Years of Experience: Minimum two years of related Waste, distribution or transportation industry experience desired but not essential. Experience as a commercial driver, customer service representative or dispatch clerk is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, experience and certification may be considered.
Certifications: Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred. Must meet all regulatory requirements to qualify to operate equipment supervised. OSHA training certificate -- a plus.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including calculator, copier, telephone, fax machine and computer.
- Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes e-mail
- Company systems applications including Trux.
- All types of waste collection trucks.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
- May be exposed to chemicals, solvents and other refuse in and around trucks.
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to safely operate all types of trucks driven.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status