To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for ensuring the data entry accuracy of accounts in order to ensure timely payment. The Data Entry Clerk supports the centralized billing and collection function by providing routine data entry maintenance and resolving discrepancies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Data Entry of service agreements, lost business forms, maintenance and validation of data
- SPR reports/files to TRUX Team
- Data entry write off
- Weekly invoicing of roll-off customers
- Month end invoicing, reporting and closing
- Enter the monthly write offs for all area hauling location
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Keep records of invoices and support documents
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of accounting & mathematics
- Attention to detail for accuracy
- Strong customer service skills
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience; Associate's Degree in accounting or business preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of one year in data entry, billing, receivables or collections department, or related experience
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Company information systems
- Typical office environment
- Adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- No heavy lifting
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status