To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Be a Champion for Your Community! Our people make a difference and leave the world a cleaner and more beautiful place. We thrive on developing our employees to take their careers to new heights and explore opportunities perhaps never imagined. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally sound solutions for waste/recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to support our company mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First Safety Always.
Coordinate the activities of drivers to maximize productivity, while assuring prompt and effective service to customers
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assign call in accounts, missed stops and new customers to drivers based upon designated route and driver location
- Courteously interact with customers and/or the general public
- Update, prepare, and dispense the daily route schedule
- Report driver problems to appropriate department or supervisor for resolution
- Maintain dispatch or service log to document pick-ups (i.e. scheduled, missed and extra) route completions, and driver locations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to ensure productivity by reaching and/or exceeding company established goals through successful routing of company assets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Basic computer skills required for inputting and retrieving data reports
- Effective interpersonal skills relating to good customer service and communication with employees (drivers)
- Knowledge of the routing system, or ability to learn the routing system
- Understanding of the routes and layout of the city
- Knowledge of reasonableness of the data and analysis of results
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: One year of relevant customer service or operations experience; waste industry experience preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Company information systems applications
- Usual office environment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status