Advanced Disposal Careers
Shop Utility Laborer
To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Performs general shop labor duties at a hauling company, MRF, transfer station and/or landfill.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- General yard maintenance
- Litter clean up
- Maintain parking and container lots.
- Clean shop floors
- Keep wash bay cleaned up including clean out sediment in wash bay and shop drains.
- Replace light bulbs in offices and shop
- Safety painting and repainting of walls
- As needed, parts chasing.
- Steam clean truck engines and transmissions as needed.
- Detail spare trucks.
- Shuttle trucks to and from dealerships and swap out broke down trucks.
- Spill clean up.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write well enough to complete required forms.
- Comprehension of the equipment used and it components and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation.
- General knowledge of all hand and power tools used.
- Must be safety conscience in all job activities.
Education: High School diploma, General Education Degree or demonstrated equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Preferred at least one year of experience of same or similar duties
Certifications: Valid drivers license, if required for job duties. Must be able to attain a CDL in order to shuttle trucks to and from dealership
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Personal protective equipment including dusk mask, ear plugs, gloves, hard hat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots and safety vest, as needed.
- Hand tools including hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrenches and other various tools.
- Machines including lawn mower, truck washer, sweeper, trimming equipment.
- Risks associated with working around machines, tools, and heavy equipment.
- Exposure to chemicals, solvents, dust, fumes other waste.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to discern color sufficiently to interpret warning lights and traffic lights.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, carry up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to fully and effectively use hand and power tools.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. ADS reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.