Advanced Disposal Careers
To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Oversee the operations and financial success of hauling companies, transfer stations, landfills and recycling facilities in a given geography. Responsible for the efficient and safe work activities of all area employees, providing assistance to managers, supervisors and employees with their needs, resolving problems and concerns as required. The Region Manager manages a group of General Managers and other staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Oversee several hauling, transfer station, landfill and recycling operations including the direction of Operations, Customer Service, Accounting and the Sales departments
- Represent and uphold company ethics, environmental operating, regulatory, safety, and accounting policies and standards by encouraging and exemplifying professionalism
- Communicate company objectives, goals, business plans, concerns and philosophes effectively to the area employees. Ensure positive morale of those employees
- Take responsibility for the financial success of the area
- Develop and administer the annual budget for the area
- Monitor current status vs. budget (P&L's, CER cash flow and A/R-DSS) and develop realistic and attainable action items for areas needing improvement
- Oversee the training, development, performance management and succession planning activities in the area
- Develop business proposals, prospect new business ventures, and review and administer current business contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to plan for and execute planned improvements and action items
- Organizational, oral, written, and listening skills
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other related regulations
- Strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills
- Proficient computer skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, operations management or related field preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience in management, sales, operations and/or maintenance functions. Experience working around construction sites or heavy equipment. Prior experience in waste or transportation industry desired
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Company system applications (ex. TRUX, Haul-It, Weigh-It, RTA)
- Standard office software such as Explorer
- Other software as applicable (mapping software and GPS-systems)
- Usual office environment
- May require travel to multiple sites including transfer stations and/or landfills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status