To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all environmental regulations and activities. Performs a variety of duties related to acceptance of special waste, special waste profiling, environmental reports, special projects, and ensuring overall compliance at the landfill.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review and implement regulatory requirements and develop strategies to implement compliance plans.
* Work with site manager to ensure projects are tracked properly using criteria in compliance with all environmental regulations.
* Conduct internal audits and facilitates third-party and external agency audits. Act as a liaison between operations and regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting per DNR Solid Waste requirements and for SPCC and SWPPP inspections.
* Provide Customer Service to Special Waste customers through profiling, setting up trucking/transportation, manifests, approval letters, recertification, and contract review and execution.
* Assist Site Manager, Region Compliance Manager, SW Approval Director, and Regional Engineer with any compliance or engineering related tasks.
* Provide assistance with scale house duties as necessary.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Associate's Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent work experience preferred
* 3+ years in waste industry preferred
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements and how they effect the waste industry
* Independent time management to complete assigned projects
* Familiarity with sampling protocols with ability to read and understand lab reports
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.