To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Responsible for providing direction and support within an assigned geographical area on all safety-related activities to include field safety observations, training, and coaching of new and current employees. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulator laws, as well as company rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate, train and orient new and current drivers on procedures for proper inspection and safe operation of vehicles for collection, transport and disposal of solid waste, as well as OSHA, DOT and company policies/driving standards.
- Increase the levels of driving proficiency through effective training and communication. This may include, but is not limited to: scheduling and conducting observations and vehicle inspections to evaluate knowledge, practices and compliance.
- Visits sites to conduct field safety observations and perform routine examinations of all work areas to promote safe working practices and conditions. Provides direction, support, and guidance to the field in all safety-related areas.
- Provides leadership and a positive work atmosphere exhibiting professional conduct with open communication that promotes positive relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Evaluates training programs to verify effectiveness and implement improvement initiatives as necessary, such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and computer tutorials.
- Maintains continual communication with the District Safety Manager regarding inefficiencies in safe work procedures.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, and other regulations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (physical exertions, including sitting, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and climbing), as well as discern color sufficiently to interpret warning and traffic lights.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years' safety-related experience and Waste/Transportation Industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% and work a flexible schedule, including early mornings to participate in scheduled safety meetings.
- Must possess strong planning/organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check, including a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.