Responsible for completing administrative tasks related to Aggregate and Asphalt plant operation, special projects, organizing, managing audits, environmental reports, and overall Aggregate/Asphalt delivery and related compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan in-bound stone / liquid asphalt daily delivery of material.
- Schedules and plans daily delivery and drivers to provide the most efficient service to customers.
- Resolve any and all discrepancies with orders or weights of material.
- As a field representative, responds effectively and courteously to customer inquiries, special requests, and/or complaints. May also interact with city, state, or municipal government employees.
- Respond to 3rd party problems such as unsafe conditions or potential hazardous material.
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, and Sales concerning plant repairs.
- Responsible for the timely communication, correction, and follow-up of customer service related issues.
- Maintains adherence to Company policy in regards to operations and safety issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the daily start-up and operation of the asphalt plant.
- Responsible for quality control of the material produced by the plant.
- Responsible for the daily loading of the material once it is produced.
- Daily mechanical and maintenance of the facility is a must.
- Responsible for the daily up-keep of these items at the facility.
Typical Physical requirements:
- Ability to safety operate all types of equipment
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while standing at a workstation.
Years of Experience: 3+ years preferred.
- Asphalt industry experience is a plus
- Supervisory experience -- possible
- OSHA training certificate -- a plus
- Smoke school training -- ability to recognize fugitive emissions.
- MSHA training -- a plus
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Usual office environment
- Adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures
- Some outside of the building clean-up work (to include in-climate weather conditions)
- Some heavy equipment operating conditions
- Mechanical daily maintenance of equipment outside.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasionally walk around the plant and working on the facility as necessary
- Being able to climb stairs as necessary around the facility.
- Constantly stand while working at the computer
- Constantly reach forward to answer the telephone and to use the computer
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact on the telephone and in person
- Consistently standing inside -- 50%, as well as mechanical and plant maintenance outside 50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers, and vendors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to chemicals, solvents and other refuse in and around plant & equipment
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks.