To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Responsible for completing administrative tasks related to Aggregate and Asphalt plant operation, special projects, organizing, managing audits, environmental reports, and overall Aggregate/Asphalt delivery and related compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan in-bound stone / liquid asphalt daily delivery of material.
- Schedules and plans daily delivery and drivers to provide the most efficient service to customers.
- Resolve any and all discrepancies with orders or weights of material.
- As a field representative, responds effectively and courteously to customer inquiries, special requests, and/or complaints. May also interact with city, state, or municipal government employees.
- Respond to 3rd party problems such as unsafe conditions or potential hazardous material.
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, and Sales concerning plant repairs.
- Responsible for the timely communication, correction, and follow-up of customer service related issues.
- Maintains adherence to Company policy in regards to operations and safety issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the daily start-up and operation of the asphalt plant.
- Responsible for quality control of the material produced by the plant.
- Responsible for the daily loading of the material once it is produced.
- Daily mechanical and maintenance of the facility is a must.
- Responsible for the daily up-keep of these items at the facility.
Typical Physical requirements:
- Ability to safety operate all types of equipment
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while standing at a workstation.
Years of Experience: 3+ years preferred.
- Asphalt industry experience is a plus
- Supervisory experience -- possible
- OSHA training certificate -- a plus
- Smoke school training -- ability to recognize fugitive emissions.
- MSHA training -- a plus
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Usual office environment
- Adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures
- Some outside of the building clean-up work (to include in-climate weather conditions)
- Some heavy equipment operating conditions
- Mechanical daily maintenance of equipment outside.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasionally walk around the plant and working on the facility as necessary
- Being able to climb stairs as necessary around the facility.
- Constantly stand while working at the computer
- Constantly reach forward to answer the telephone and to use the computer
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact on the telephone and in person
- Consistently standing inside -- 50%, as well as mechanical and plant maintenance outside 50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers, and vendors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to chemicals, solvents and other refuse in and around plant & equipment
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status