To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
The duties and responsibilities are under the direction and supervision of Advanced Disposal frontline managers (e.g., Fleet, Sales, District or Route Managers) related to the assigned business activity. This position, through assigned work activities and projects, will develop a working knowledge of the Advanced Disposal day-to-day hauling or post-collection business operations including but not limited to route auditing, analysis and improvement recommendations, safety rules and practices and the function and role of intra-company departments as it pertains to day to day business and long term goals (HR, Finance/Accounting, Customer Service).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Hauling Operations: Responsible for the knowledge development and progressive understanding and expertise in route planning, auditing, analysis and improvement and related logistics systems
- Rides along with drivers on existing routes to identify container weight and size, time, accessibility, risk, to determine the effectiveness of route sequencing, increase route efficiency, and document specific route and customer data.
- Works with all frontline managers to include Operations Manager, Fleet Manager, Sales Manager, District Managers, Route Managers and others to effectively analyze routes to uncover improvement opportunities and review and implement corrective actions
- Develops a working knowledge of Advanced Disposal's operational and general business applications including but not limited to Safety, Efficiency, Human Resources, Customer Service, Finance and Accounting and Financial Planning. The incumbent is responsible for building a comprehensive understanding of how these functions contribute to the day to day and long term success of the business and the employees
- Develops a strong understanding and dedication to the Company's Safety Program; work with Corporate and local safety teams to continue to create an aware and observant safety conscious culture
- Periodically attends and contributes to driver safety meetings to promote a favorable working relationship among all employees
- Attend all mandatory training sessions;
- Attend webinars, watch guest speakers, and create projects and give oral presentations,
- Participate with management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned; may include special projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint applications
- Must be willing to work various start times to include early morning hours (for example
- Must be able to ride in vehicle for up to 12 hours or sit at a desk for up to 12 hours per day
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills in order to plan days, complete route analyses, make travel reservations, meet all reporting requirements and training arrangements
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety and upholding safety standards.
- Managing Work (Includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Active Learning - Demonstrating zeal for new information, knowledge, and experiences, regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Business, Accounting, Logistics, etc)
- Years of Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the workforce in any role; but preferably in the waste hauling/disposal industry
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Company information systems applications such as TRUX, Peoplesoft, etc.
While some of the work is performed within an office atmosphere, frequent field assignments are the core foundation of the position. When conducting field assignments one should possess the ability to ascend into and descend from commercial vehicles (typically steps are 18 inches in height) and ride in commercial vehicles for over 12 consecutive hours, where you will be exposed to climatic weather as depicted by the geographical region for which you reside or are assigned.
This requires the successful candidate to have the ability to relocate across several regions of the U.S, and may require extensive travel (both air and car). Will also be required to work non-traditional work schedules i.e. 12 -- 14 hour workdays, some weekends, some early start times etc.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status