The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the Area Sales Manager with the sales teams and customer service teams to include sales growth and support, and retention of prospects and customers within the various market segments. The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting in growing the area's sales volume and revenue plans in all lines of business and positioning the area for a strong, profitable future.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow profitable market share.
- Maintain current customer base.
- Assist in ensuring that solid plans are in place to achieve the area's revenue and expense goals through the area's strategic market plan, sales plans, business plans, forecasting, etc...
- Measure and track results.
- Manage profitability and pricing.
- Motivate and develop the sales and customer service teams.
- Train and coach teams by emphasizing the utilization of Action Selling skills.
- Facilitate teamwork with other business units.
- Manage large, national accounts.
- Recommend process improvements to manager to better performance; assist in implementation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions.
- Ability to produce required reports and correspondence.
- Proven ability to manage time and to solve problems.
- Superior computer skills for inputting and retrieving data reports.
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience.
Years of Experience: 3+ years of sales experience.
* Prior Management experience.
* Demonstrated organizational, oral, written, and listening skills.
* Proficient computer skills.
* Excellent selling and account management skills.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including telephone, fax, computer and copier.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Company information systems applications.
- Usual office environment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status