To connect with a recruiter on Driver and Technician careers, text "ADS" to 44844
Preventive Maintenance of company waste containers in the field. Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on trash dumpsters. The preventative maintenance may involve welding, installation, assembly, disassembly, and/or structural repair.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Operate maintain the equipment in a manner to prevent equipment down time.
- Perform duties to meet company expectations and customer satisfaction.
- General assistance and knowledge to mechanics when needed
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repair containers
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections of containers.
- Conducts safety checks on containers.
- Completes required paperwork associated with repairing containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment. Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/ OSHA Standards.
- Additional skills may be required to perform add additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Repair steel containers as needed; may include welding, fabricating, sanding, painting, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in welding and metal fabrication.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other related state and federal regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, with customers and external vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and drawings and diagrams, and procedures manuals.
- Effective communications skills with Operations, Sales, and Customers.
Education: High School diploma or GED required
Years of Experience: Two years of maintenance repair and fabrication. Welding, Metal Fabrication, Spray Painting a plus.
Minimum 3 years of driving experience.
- Willing and able to work required overtime, weekends and /or holidays when required.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Mig & Stick Welders
- Plasma Cutter
- Miltimeter Welder.
- Company information systems
- Tools and equipment used in shop including but not limited to floor sweeper, fort lift, hydraulic hose, air powered tools, hand tools.
- Two-way radio.
- In Shop and the Field
- Able to work in confined spaces
- May be exposed to the following conditions:
- Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills.
- Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments.
- Petroleum products and solvents.
- Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems.
- Vibration from powered hand tools.
- Occasional exposed to extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals.
- Other risk associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds maximum, frequent lifting or carrying of objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with pushing and pulling or arm/leg controls.
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling , pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 10 pounds.