To connect with a recruiter on current openings, text "ADS" to 44844.
- Possess knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and other various ferrous materials.
- Possess working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Has the skills to weld in all positions and all thickness of material
- Possess a working knowledge of basic hydraulic components and systems.
- Responsible for maintaining welding equipment maintenance.
- Operate both manual and power finishing/grinding tools.
- Has a basic set of hand tools
- Comply with all safety and housekeeping regulations.
- 3+ years welding experience.
- Must be able to work various shifts and weekends if needed.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks
- Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication. Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers.
- Replaces hoses, cylinders, and hydraulic components as needed.
- Grinds metal parts after welding.
- Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components on trucks and containers.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Uses knowledge in safety usage of hand and power operated tools in repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Follows and explains instructions.
- Knows how to assemble body, frame.
- Analyzes mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Uses knowledge of fleet maintenance management software to enter repair information.
- Works individually or as part of the team.
- High school diploma/GED, Technical School graduate, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of vehicle/hydraulic maintenance or welding experience demonstrating progressive levels of skill attained.
- Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
- A Commercial Drivers License, Mechanic school certification, and/or ASE certification is preferred.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status