Advanced Disposal Careers
Accounts Receivable Clerk
This position is responsible for posting and analyzing high volumes of cash receipts on a daily and monthly basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Process Lockbox payments
- Process, Direct Deposit, Paymode, IVR payments credit card payments
- Process manual deposits from local divisions
- Process Inter-company payments
- Prepare month end cash and adjustment reports
- Process NSF checks and necessary adjustments
- Maintain various daily logs in Excel
- Process refunds
- Research unidentified cash receipts
- Apply O/A (on account balances)
- Assists others in the department as needed
- Back up to Data Entry
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of A/R concepts, principles and processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office -- Word and Excel
Education: High School diploma/General Education Degree
Years of Experience: Minimum two years' experience as Cash Applications or A/R clerk or equivalent job duties. More than two years preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
- MS Office including Word and Excel. Lotus Notes email
- Usual office environment
- Adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use computer and related devices, such as keyboard, or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status