Advanced Disposal Careers
Area Sales Manager
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of field sales plans and activities for their assigned area. Works closely with the sales and cross functional teams and will be key contributor toward developing and executing effective plans and programs. Key areas of responsibility include business performance tracking and analysis, and the execution of marketing and sales programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow profitable market share.
- Maintain current customer base.
- Plan -- Assist in insuring that solid plans are in place to achieve the area's revenue and expense goals: Area strategic market plan, sales plans, business plans, forecasting, etc.
- Measure and track results.
- Manage profitability and pricing.
- Motivate and develop the teams (sales and customer service).
- Develop staff.
- Training and coaching with emphasis on utilization of strategic Selling skills
- Facilitate teamwork with other business units.
- Manage large, national accounts.
- Recommend to manager process improvements to improve performance. Assist in implementation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions.
- Ability to produce required reports and correspondence.
- Proven time management and problem solving skills.
- Superior computer skills for inputting and retrieving data reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Prior Management experience
- Demonstrated organizational, oral, written, and listening skills Proven time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent selling and account management skills
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including telephone, fax, computer and copier.
- MS Office including Word, Excel
- Company information systems applications.
- Usual office environment
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.