Advanced Disposal Careers
Area Controllers plan, organize, direct and control the accounting and control function of the division, report operational results and provide chronological systems. Area Controllers coordinate monthly financial statement preparation for multiple locations. Area Controllers participate in the annual budgeting process and work with local management to bring about positive change in both Accounting and Operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations.
- Coordinate monthly financial statement preparation for multiple locations.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Work with local management to bring about positive change in both Accounting and Operations.
- Establishes or recommends to management, major economic objectives and policies.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access software; Report Writer software; Accounting and Inventory software.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; present numerical data effectively.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is required. A Masters Degree and/or CPA is preferred.
Years of Experience: 2-3 years of financial analysis and management experience.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Company information systems applications.
- Usual Office Environment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Occasionally walks around office to printers, copy and fax machines, and file room.
- Constantly sits while working at the computer.
- Constantly reaches forward to answer the telephone and to use the computer.
- Frequently power grasps the telephone; frequently finger presses to operate the computer keyboard, calculator, and telephone keypad, frequently pulp pinches to handle papers.
- Possesses speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status